In the latest Google Search Ranking Update, Alan Kent, a Developer Advocate at Google, shared 6 SEO tips for e-commerce websites through Google’s YouTube channel. These tips combine structured data with Merchant Center to boost your web presence. The Merchant Center allows retailers to upload product data via structured feeds.
Here are the six tips Google has for e-commerce websites:
- Ensure that your products are indexed: indexing your product pages is critical to ensuring that Googlebot does not overlook them. You can make sure Google crawls all your product pages with the help of tools such as an XML sitemap and Google Merchant Center.
- Provide accurate product information: check product information such as list price, discounts, and the net price to ensure Google extracts correct pricing data. Adding structured data to the product pages and Google Merchant Center can be of great help when it comes to boosting the visibility of your product data correctly from your product pages.
- Reduce price and availability lag: Because Google crawls webpages on sites on its own schedule, it is recommended that you minimize changes in product prices and availability. Because of this, Googlebot may not notice changes on the sites until the next crawl. Therefore, any changes in your product price or availability may not be updated. Merchant Center product feeds can help to keep pages updated consistently.
- Make your products eligible for rich product results: Google recommends providing structured data on product pages and a product feed in the Merchant Center to ensure the eligibility of your products for rich product results.
- Ensure local product inventory data: to increase the visibility of your in-store products for users entering queries with the phrase “near me,” share local product inventory data. To do so, register your physical store location in your Google Business profile and provide a local inventory feed such as product identifiers and store codes to Merchant Center.
- Become Eligible for Google Shopping Tab: Providing product data feed via Merchant Center and opting for “surfaces across Google’ along with structured data can help your products surface on shopping tabs.
Floodlightz Media Solutions provide you with real-time news updates on both online and offline marketing tools.
Digital Marketing News & Updates | News & Update SEO | News & Alerts SMO | News & Alerts Search Engine optimization | Social Media Platforms News & Alerts social media updates
Facebook ad manager updates | Instagram News & Update | LinkedIn News & Update | Youtube News & Update | Facebook algorithm updates News & Alerts on Google Core Update |Google Search Algorithm Update |Google Search Ranking Update | Digital marketing trends | Event Management News & Updates | Public Relation News & Alert | Media Advertisement Management News & Updates
Subscribe us for our newsletter for recent News and updates